Tuesday, July 10, 2007

During the first week of vacation visiting my daughter and her family, I saw it coming. The first disagreement involving the whole family. I didn't stay to see who won. I really am trying to enjoy the family as a whole and not get involved with solving problems.
It was all about sports and body damage. At least that is what it should've been about. It ended up being about $$$ and time already invested. My granddaughter's friend who I accompanied here has a back pain which has kept her from competing in all 4 of the gymnastic event at the National Competions recently. My daughter was not informed of this and scheduled time for the visitor at the local gym which cost $$. After one visit the friend did not want to go again and then my granddaughter also said she didn't want to go. Whoa!! the poop hit the fan! I departed and I guess there were calls made to the friends' mom which stated the friend should get " dressed out and do what you can do".

My problem with this is...why push your kid when she is injured or not interested any longer, especially when it involves so much time and $$. There are many other activities to "round them out". But then things were different when I raised my kids and, let's see, one is an educator, another a law enforcement officer and the other a degree in accounting, but staying home to raise her brood. I might add that I did not spend a penny on their education after high school. They made it and I am proud to be their mom.

No comments: