Monday, March 24, 2008

Spring Break in New York






My first visit to the Big Apple! Better late than never!


While on a business trip to VA my youngest granddaughter decided to accompany me to Standstillville, New York for spring break. I was very worried about entertaining her for a week. She is 14 and in involved in gymnastics which takes 20 per week and the rest is pretty much used up by homework. She is a straight A 8th grader. She has lots of friends from the gym which is not near home and friends from school. She loves crafts and so do I so we can always find something to fill our down times.
We made a tote back for her school books, cooked, walked along the creek and visited my sisters horses, dogs and cats.
My daughter and my 17 yr old granddaughter drove up to pick up the visiting daughter and we all took the train to the City for a one day visit. We walked from Penn Station to the Battery, WTC and Pier 17!!! My feet were killing me, but I did not complain. Because time was getting short we took the subway to Central Park and strolled around. Then on to Times Square which was amazing! We ended the day with dinner at a Kosher Deli. Fun. Back to Penn Station to catch the 9:45 train to the Mid Hudson Valley. A totally wonderful day after a wonderful week with my youngest granddaughter, Kelsey. They left early the next morning for Easter dinner in Va with their father who shared his wife and daughters for the Easter holiday.

1 comment:

chefmom said...

Sounds like a great time!! I love the City. You have everything at your fingertips, shopping, every kind of food you could possibly want, and such a mixture of cultures. Love it!