Friday, March 28, 2008

IS THIS WHAT THEY CALL CABIN FEVER???











Wow!! After the beautiful snow all I have to see is this.






I loved the snow. So clean. So fluffy. I enjoyed walking in it, feeling it fall on my upturned face. Do I have to wait another year to enjoy the snow?






I have heard this place is beautiful in the spring. Flowers blooming under blue skies. Soft breezes. I am having trouble envisioning those promises. I think I have CABIN FEVER!!! I spend hours in front of the tv. I love to read, but am too restless to sit still more than a few pages. I am eating often. I did take Emily out yesterday and she seemed to enjoy the dead grass and trees. Sniffing around where other animals had been the night before.




When I left San Diego I left all of my crafting materials. If you are a crafter you know how long it takes, not to mention $$, to gather all the things needed to create. I miss them. I know it is only stuff. I can get more stuff. The problem is the energy and the motivation to do so. I have half heartdedly tried to create using household items, cutouts and white glue. They looked like a third grader's art. I promise myself I will do better. Next time.


Actually, I am rethinking NY for retirement. It is too expensive for a lady on SS. I am concerned over the fact that my exsisting medical insurance is not available here. Maybe rural VA, closer to my daughter (again). Let's face it. I am not getting any younger.


Enuff of this pity party. Get Over It!!! There's always tomorrow. And Prozac!






3 comments:

chefmom said...

Ahhh, Cabin fever. I have MANY projects started and not finished because I get restless and bored. I was in the Catskills a few years ago in May and it was lovely. I can't imagine trying to make it on my own. You need to do what's best for you. Scraping by each day is not fun. Good Luck with your decision!

Earlene said...

sbtvd thanks for stopping by i will vist your blog soon.

chefmom: welcome back and thanks for the support. I am better. I even began sketching again.

M.s Dona said...

Hi Earlene, I got your message on my blog! Thanks. I do have a good life partner and I met him on the internet! Yikes. I think it sounds like a good life but maybe I blog to convince myself it is. Most of our food comes from the soup kitchen/ food pantry because they really don't pay him alot. He has a disability so he can only work 20 hours a week. I work for CCE Extension and have a garnishemnt on my wages due to college debt from one of my daughters..( I think she has disowned me, I miss her, haven't heard from her in a year and a half and she lives two towns over) so it's a struggle but I do like to celebrate when it's good. And yes I think everyone got cabin fever this winter, our gardening hotline has been busy with ppl wanting to plan and plant. Your area is very pretty in the spring...lots of apple trees!
So if you are ever in Kingston...I'm on Westbrook lane at the extension but they don't know me as Sally. I'm the horticulture assistant