Wednesday, March 12, 2008

WE HATE PURSES!!!

My sister and I have one thing in common, apart from having the same mother, WE HATE PURSES!!! But we keep trying to find the right one. The one that is better than the last one we bought. The one that is better than all the others we have in the closet. We don't get rid of the ones in the closet because we are not sure that the purse we have recently purchased will satisfy all our needs. Soooooo a few days ago we were shopping in our favorite store: THE THRIFT STORE. We don't have a favorite thrift store. Any thrift store will do. We don't necessarily plan these trips. While her very nice husband is driving we may spot a thrift store and say STOP!!! In we go with the promise that "we will be right out". HA! Once inside our favorite store we head straight for the purses. First let me tell you what we think is the favorite purse. It is small. It has a strap that goes across your shoulders, for safety and your hands are free. The perfect purse has to hold all the necessary items. Folding $$ and a separate pocket for coins. Credit cards, keys (they can hang on the outside), lip stuff, a pen and note pad for remembering what we want to purchase. Oh! and my most needed item is a place to put my cell phone so I can grab it on the first ring. So , there we were in our favorite store when my sister spotted a great purse and directed my attention to the THE PERFECT PURSE. We looked in all the pockets and turned it this way and that way and tried it on our shoulders and then I said , " I need this more than you". I paid $1.00 and we left the store. I began emptying my imperfect purse and arranging the new one. I was very satisfied with my purchase. A few days later while planning another trip to VA she was going through her collection of purses and found one that might meet her needs on the trip. She began filling it with the necessary items. We were happy once again. We both had purses we thought to be perfect. Later that day as I prepared to leave I picked up what I thought to be my new perfect purse and she looked at it and said "that is my purse". We looked closer and discovered that they were identical! We laughed. But we almost peed our pants when I said," What would be really funny is if you had bought what is now my purse, you would've had two of the same purses. So...... We now have the PERFECT PURSE. We just have to make sure that the purse hanging on our shoulders is really Our purse and not the sister's!!! (ya know like "but officer I thought it was my purse". I guess you hadda be there.

1 comment:

chefmom said...

That's a riot!!! I have found some of the coolest purses at the Thrift shops. We have one down here that buys out Target clearance stuff, and sells it for $1-3.00. LOVE IT!! And I can't beleive that it ended up being the same purse!!