Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Home Sweet Home (at last)

I have my very own home again!!! The picture on the right is my dream home. Sigh. But I am moving into a nice one bedroom apartment in and "Active Senior Community". I am close to the Pacific Ocean and get the cool breeze. I am the owner of a new pillow top mattress for the first time in my life. It is being delivered tomorrow. Also purchased a sofa that makes into a bed or chaise lounge. How sexy is that? Bought some dishes and other cooking stuff. It is easy when you live alone.

I met a very cute man at the rec. room. He invited me to play ping pong with them. I told him that I was moving and would another day. I went out and purchased a paddle and some balls. I love the area. Everything you need is within walking distance. And with gas at $4.54 per gal I will be doing a lot of walking.

I think my blog should be a lot more interesting now that I am going to be living around lots of old funny farts. Stay tuned. I will keep you posted as to when I actually move in. First, I am pet sitting for my family while they vacation in Italy!

6 comments:

chefmom said...

YAY!!! Congrats to you! I bet you'll enjoy it. Lots of activity, new people, near the beach..I don't think it gets any better. Good luck with the move and I can't wait to hear how it's going!

chefmom said...

and OMG...4.54 for gas!!! We've hit 3.98 in our town, but my husband sees a little over $4 on his way to work. I'd be walking or biking everywhere!

Earlene said...

Everything I need is within a mile of my apt! Kelly and family helped me with the big stuff and Kelly hung the art on the walls. I will make pillows with the fabric she gave me. I will have so much fun when I finally get in.

M.s Dona said...

Hurray! I can't wait to hear all about it. I am so happy for you and Emily. See it didn't take so long. Enjoy!

chefmom said...

Only a mile! That's great! You sound like a very new Earlene, from the one I read in NY. I'm so Happy for you!!!

my blog said...

its truly a dream home,I just loved it on seeing it.


Affiliate Marketing Tips