Sunday, June 1, 2008

"HURRY UP AND WAIT"

I learned this "quote" when I was a navy wife. I have never been known as a patient person. I think a lot. Too much. But when I sorta get a plan I want to act on "the plan" like now. It all began 18 months ago when my daughter et al moved to Virginia. I wanted out of the place I had lived in for 5 years and I thought following her to the east coast was a perfectly good reason to do so. I did. It did not work out. I left after 5 months of misery and went to New York state to visit the nearest relative, my younger sister. I was among the walking wounded and she welcomed me with open arms. I liked the area and the snow and all that went with it, but my sister began looking for a place for me to live. We did and I did. That didn't work either. So after a little thinking I made a plan to return to the west coast. Which I did. Drove my car with the company of my cat and arrived 4 and 1/2 days later.

Now I am camped out in my oldest daughter"s office. She moved her computer to her bedroom. She is an avid blogger. Spends a lot of time on her cooking blog. We have wonderful food everyday, which I am very happy about. The downside to this is that her computer is now very SLOW. I , of course, feel responsible and have suggested she move her computer back in her office (my temporary bedroom). No way!

The second part of my plan is to find suitable housing for myself and my cat, Emily. My daughter wants to help me in this plan. We want to find a place that is near her. Which is not probable due to the fact that she lives in the hoity toity part of the city. Before leaving last year I resided in a community 45 miles from her home and we did not spend much time together. We both want that to change. I found a place 10 minutes away. I love it. An Active Seniors apartment complex. But there is a waiting list. So I wait. A very hard thing for me. I help out around the house, keeping a low profile. Which is also not an easy thing for me.

Please, dear God, let my apartment become available before I wear out another welcome.

1 comment:

my blog said...

Blogging is seriously interesting job,you would also like it after some time.


Affiliate Marketing Tips