Tuesday, September 8, 2009

IS IT TIME YET????


Our friends and neighbors gave us a going away party yesterday so I guess that means we HAVE TO LEAVE.
Everyone we meet in the Old Farts Home asks "when are you leaving?". We say "soon". It is finally in sight. " 2 days and a wake up" as they say in the navy. We will pull out of here on the 10th and drive 5 miles to the" weaning pen" as one friend calls our first campground. Admiral Baker Golf Course and RV Park in San Diego. There we will practice backing in and setting up. The motorhome has been sitting outside our apartment on the street for 3 and 1/2 months! Now we will have to "pony up" and actually learn how to use the darn thing.




. We will use our walky talkies to back er up into a tiny space. and then hook up the plumbing and electric and then the awnings etc. All of this will happen with everyone watching the "newbees" move into the park. This makes me nervous even though I previously owned a 27' C type and had no problems setting up. Michael is a "newbee" and will be nervous about me being the "backer upper".

Now that I have totally upset myself, I will close and get back to you after we move to the "weaning pen".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, we saw some newbies at the boat launching rap yesterday. Too embarrassed to keep watching them. They finally got it (a catamaran) out of the water, and the mast hit a tree and tipped right off of the trailer.......

Anonymous said...

wait that was lori not erica that made that last comment

Earlene said...

OMG! That would be our tv antenna. We are getting a movie camera so we can possibly film some of the boo boos.

M.s Dona said...

So glad to hear from you...I love how you describe yourself. I am very happy for you and Michael...