Monday, September 14, 2009

SUCESSFUL 'MAIDEN VOYAGE'

We made it to our first stop! 6 whole miles without incident. I followed in the Escape while Michael and Emily drove the MOHO. Emily was not a good passenger. She preferred to be close to Michael under the dash!

We did fine backing into the space. We tried to use the walky talkies, but my thumb is too weak to push the button. I will have to exercise it. Michael became a little frustrated and said "put the M F r down and use your hands". That was better,but I wonder how many heard him yell over the walky talky.

We managed to get everything hooked up and running. The fridge is slow to cool down, but once it gets there it is really nice. A side x side!!! We used our Air Card to turn on the computers, identical 20" desktop Macs, although the park has wifi. I then unpacked the kitchen after moving the slide out, and began to make dinner. A simple fare because I have to study the book on the "Sharp Smart and Easy Convection Oven". The washer/dry is much easier to operate and I did a load of dishtowels for practice.

I didn't mean to bore you with all of this. I do want to mention that is has been stressful to say the least. M is much more relaxed than I, or he just "stuffs it". He did get a little upset when checking his bank balance online that the park had overcharged him by over $300! Got that straightened out. Emily is doing fine. She has developed UTI on past moves, but so fary so goody!

I can't imagine hanging out here much longer. Everything seems to be in working order. I am relaxing (sorta). Michael is so understanding and only calls me "drama queen" when I really get out of control. I try to do better and I will calm down. This has been a big move.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, thanks for the update. Who would find this boring? Keep the adventure coming. You will get it all figured out and then forget and have to figure it out again. No worries.