Saturday, June 9, 2007

Sleepless in San Diego

What's an ole girl to do? I am busy as a cat on a tin roof all day and can't wait to hit the hay after a nice dinner and a little tv. I mosey off to bed at 9ish and fall asleep with no problem. Then about 2ish am I wake and try as I may I can't shut off my mind. It is kinda interesting how I go back in my life remembering some of the things I've done that make me cringe. I forgive myself and move on. I try deep breathing and that doesn't work either.

I bought my car top carrier today and a converter for my computer so i can record "Gma and Emily's Great Adventure" when we finally leave the "You'll Never Get Out Alive RV Park".

I have been journaling for over 25 years. I began when my mother passed away from the big "C" and needed to express my feelings to someone or something. My mom didn't talk much except when she was "in her cups" and I wanted to leave a record of my thoughts to my daughters so when "things" popped up in their lives they would know that their mother felt the same way. My oldest daughter is a writer and will probably read them, pick out the good stuff and put it in a prize winning novel.

I am peaceful lately as the time gets closer. The daughter on the East Coast does not sound so afraid of having me close by. She is afraid she will have to care for me....someday. I understand her concern, but I am healthy, energetic and ready to begin a new life. I kinda reinvent myself every 5 years. I would like to find a comfortable old fart to hang out with on this segment of my life.

Until later, E

2 comments:

lpea said...

Man, I already typed a comment and then it wouldn't let me post it until I signed up for an account and then when I did my post was gone. Bummer, I wrote some nice stuff, but I can't rephrase it exactly. Pretty cool that you have entered the blog world. Go GMA!

Earlene said...

Ipea: So good of yo to stop by. Come again and we will chat.