Monday, February 4, 2008

Families are Forever, Aren't They???

I know, it's been 6 months since I wrote. A lot has happened. Most of it not worth going into. Let's just say that my plan for joining my daughter and her family on the east coast failed miserably. Oh, I got there okay full of plans for being part of a big family. Working out problems together, planning celebrations, and building a whole new life together. NOT!

My daughter expected me to get a job and within 10 days I was working at Bob Evans' Family Restaurant. It just about killed me. First I had learn the 10 page menu and Then learn the codes s0 I could enter them in the computer for the kitchen!!!! I have earned many $$$ as a "waitress", that is what they called us back then. But the work is hard enough on your body let alone wear your brain out at the same time.

I just wanted to help out the family as I had been doing for years. They liked that as long as I didn't live in the basement. Now,I want you to know, I set up a kitchen in the laundry room which was in the basement and it has a full bath and a separate entrance. When I did go up to say hello, it was as if I was a stranger and had interrupted their life. I began to walk on egg shells. But at the same time I was on the driving schedule and also let my teenage granddaughter drive my car!!!

Enough, I decided to move out and thought "as long as I am moving, why not move to another state since my other reason for leaving SoCal was to SEE the east Coast. I called my sister in up state New York and packed my little suv with cat and clothes and said 'Adios".

It wasn't all bad, but I figured the longer I hung out there the worse it could get. Actually I am pretty good at running away. but that is another story.

No comments: