Thursday, February 7, 2008

Solitude


The day began as usual. Emily licking me in the face wanting to be fed. So I crawled out of a warm bed and fed her and then made coffee. Ahhhh the best part of the day. Hot blonde and sweet coffee and gazing out the window and writing in my journal.

Journaling is a habit I have had for 25 years. After my mother passed at the age of 64 I began to wonder who she really was so I began keeping a journal so that my daughter would know who I was and how I really felt about my life as it happened. I have never shared my journals with anyone.

After listening to the political crap for an hour or so I became restless and decided to take a drive to another small town a few miles from Stanstillville. The drive was nice with a little unmelted snow along the side of the road. The town is very quaint and does not have many stores to visit so my visit didn't last long. I came back to my small town and went into a few businesses and introduced myself and enjoyed talking to the proprietors. That didn't last long enough and I ended up at home way too early.

The good part is that Emily was waiting for me. Actually, she was in bed under the covers and did not get up when I came in.

No comments: