Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Mid Hudson Valley - A Great Place





The tirp to VA to gather the rest of my personal belongings and to visit my doctor was hard due to the fact that I had issues with my daughter and her husband about my leaving VA. They wanted me close by but not in their basement. I figured that as long as I was moving that I would go someplace I had never been. At first things were awkward and then it got better and we even enjoyed each others company.


My cat, Emily, remained at home for the 8 days and my brother-in-law checked on her often. He said he knew she was there because the food had been eaten. Emily had entertained herself with the thing she does when I leave her alone too long....Tears the toilet tissue off the roll and spreads it all over the bathroom. If I ignore her she will bite my ankle and run like hell. That is what I love about cats. They stand up for themselves.


My sister and her husband and I moved a huge sofa and chair up the stairs to my living room and also a 9 drawer dresser. My back let me know that I should not be doing that activity so I have been taking it easy for the past few days. Just shopping for drapes and small decorative wall hangings. It is beginning to look and feel like Home. A place for Emily and Me.

No comments: