Friday, February 8, 2008

Return to Vienna, VA



This is the "home" I left early in January of this year. I left because I felt my family and I expected different things from each other.

Perhaps I ran away rather than try to work things out. I thought that I had tried everything in the five months I was there to make our living in the same house as one happy family.

Now I am going back to keep doctor's appts. and to pick up the rest of my belongings. I have mixed emotions. When my daughter calls she sounds fine and tells me everything is working out and that my college educated granddaughter and her boyfriend are doing well in my former apartment in the basement. I am glad for them, but sad for me.

When I get back to Standstillville next week with my possessions I will settle down in my new home and begin a new life. I am thinking I might get a part time job so that I can be around people. My sister and her husband are very nice and I will spend time with them, but I do not want to wear out my welcome. I will occupy my time with my blog and arts and crafts and walking in this beautiful area. I am happy that I am able to choose where I want to be.

I still believe that families can be happy with 3 generations or more under the same roof. Maybe I am wrong. What do you think?

4 comments:

M.s Dona said...

Hey, Hang in there! Stanfordville? Where is that? I live near Kingston NY in a crazy little town called Olive. I also thought I would be wanted and needed by my family, hah! They only want you when they need you do help the out. Family may be forever but I got to have life too. Hang in there, Woman. Spring is coming.

Earlene said...

Sally
Thank God! I knew that someone out there had to have gone thru the same thing as I. I go to Kingston to shop weekly. Check in again!

M.s Dona said...

Families can be happy under one roof as long as everyone keeps to their roles..know what I mean? I was a stay at home mom and gramma , watched the kids when ever- kept the house, had the holidays...etc. But then I wanted to find love, got a job, sold my house ( to one of them even), moved to Olive with new Hubby...and now Mom? Mom, who? I work in Kingston- CCE

Earlene said...

Sally, Good for you for moving on and I am happy for you. That's something I thought I would find, but....I love Walmart and the Goodwill in Kingston. Thanks for checking in.