Monday, February 25, 2008

In Between a Rock and a Hard Place



So much for Living in a Christmas Card as my last blog read.

I haven't rented an apartment for over 40 years. I had forgotten what it is like to have to call the Landlord when things do not work. I am paying what I consider a good amount for a 1 bedroom apt in the middle of nowhere. I have been here for 5 weeks and I have called because: toilet runs constantly, no hot water (twice) it's been fixed (hopefully), No heat (40 degrees iside) twice. Wasps and lady bugs every day crawling around dying, fridge runs constantly need new seal. And a muddy trail up to the apt that turns into a bog after the snow melts. Other than that, this is a great place.

I took this picture while driving around a few days ago. I feel I need a tank of that in my yard and maybe nothing would matter.

My problem is that I do not always think before leaping. This is not the first mess I have gotten into and I am sure it won't be the last.

I am cutting out stuff from Wallpaper books to use in decoupage. That and a glass of wine will keep me from over reacting --again.

Hope you are having a better day than I. E

2 comments:

chefmom said...

That's a riot!!! Everyone needs a tank like that in their yard!

Momo Fali said...

Yes, wine is good. Hope things get better for you soon!