Friday, February 22, 2008

I Live in a Christmas Card




Now this is one of the reasons I moved to the East Coast! I am snowed in and am lovin it. Of course, this is Day One. I have chicken soup in the crock pot and a beautiful view from every window in my apartment.
I took a walk this morning and took these pictures. It was so quiet and it was as if I was the only person for miles. I couldn't wait to send the pictures back home to San Diego. I know if I had to go to work it would not be pleasant. I am sure people just stay home when it snows, don't they? I mean you could get hurt out there. I do not have the faintest idea of how to drive in this weather. I couldn't get my car out anyway because I live in the middle of a grassy field. Besides that, I do not have a driveway. The landlord will have to come and plow one (hopefully). I guess I will miss happy hour at Sonny's Cafe today.
I am watching the news and some people are not as lucky as I and are having a terrible time getting to where they are going. Shoulda stayed like me. A great day for reading, doing arts and crafts, cooking (while enjoying a nice glass of Merlot). Emily, my cat, has been sleeping all day. That means when we get in bed tonight she will want to be petted and talked to and I will want to go to sleep. Don't you wish you had my problems?

7 comments:

chefmom said...

Okay, so we have alot in common!! I agree, the snow was beautiful today. I too made soup, except I made cream of broccoli. Your pictures are gorgeous! I did knit a little bit today (your arts and crafts), but with the kids home, it proved to be tough. I also have a few cake orders for the weekend, so I spent a bit of the morning baking. I love it when my 2 year old comes into the kitchen, closes his eyes and says "I smell somfing" (his exact wording). It makes me feel like he appreciates why I stay home. Our cat also slept the day away on the couch! And lastly, I did enjoy a wonderful glass of merlot this evening too! The pictures of you are beautiful, and I really have a hard time believing your age! You are a beautiful, YOUNG looking woman... :) Have a great weekend!

M.s Dona said...

Aww It is beautful, athough it's getting old and then, as you did, I took a walk, made some pictures...didn't drive anywhere, listened to sound of falling snow and cuddled up with a book. Both of the cats looked like they ahd been shot. Why do they sleep like that? There is a festival in Olive at the ahsokan field campus- three minutes away but the truck's not ploughed out yet..naybe. Have a great day!

Earlene said...

Chefmom
Thanks for you visit. I still remember when my three were small and being "caged" but happy about it. I always found something to keep me busy. I love children and animals, and the great part is they LOVE me also. Kelly of Kellementology is my daughter. I am so proud of her. That is how I found you. Keep of the good work.

Earlene said...

Sally, Wow, we both did the same thing. Hope you had someone to do them with. I have lived alone for almost 10 years, but in close proximity to people I new well and could choose to be alone or not. This is different. I look out my windows to peaceful views with not a soul in sight. No cars, no deer (so far) or bears (not ready for that) so I am on my own. I keep seeing things I want to sketch, but.... a tray that needs to be decoupaged, crystals to be hung and so on. This is a new page in my life. Thanks for stopping by.

Momo Fali said...

You're making me feel guilty for complaining about the weather. Sigh...

I need to take the time to appreciate it.

chefmom said...

I had no idea, that's who you are! Well, I prefer not to think of you as Kelly's mother, but as Earlene, her own person. I look forward to getting to know you!

Earlene said...

chefmom,
I read some of your older posts and enjoyed. You, like Kelly, have a knac for this blog thing. I began it just to bitch. I don't think my kids read it. But it helps when you live anlone and no one to talk to except your cat.E